News about the 4th edition of the Festival that will take place in Berlin all through the year 2008. The information about the former editions that were held on 22-26 november 2006, 13-22 february 2007 and 1-29 august, 2007 are still to be found somewhere in the jungle of this blop.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Also Beethoven was born yesterday

The good thing about the festival is the storm of images I got from it. Yesterday I was in the Electronic Church. One of the persons who runs it is Nicolas Weiser. Every encounter with him reminds me of young priests lost in a ' 50-ties black and white world somewhere in Italy, some of them on a bicycle.

I spoke to Lasse and got transported to the very heart of Finland where he will stay with wife and newly born son, I saw Costa Gröhn looking at the ceiling, which is indeed the right thing to do when you are in a church. Nobody but him heard the angels sing.

I met Rob and watched his tea ceremony. He is on a green tea trail, and whatever you would like to have him talk about, be sure to make tea one of the subjects. There was also Marek, whose dream it is to compose a symphony for all the animals in the Zoo; he must have had a happy childhood full of Disneycartoons. And while Marek was dancing with African mice, I saw images of Patrick bringing those same mice back to the desert, because Patrick has really good recording equipment, that can catch the shuffles of the feet of these mice while they move them in their sleep.

Derek and Sara were there, for ever united in this Holderdeboldercompany name of theirs: Holzer&Kolster. I am sure they are incredible at clough dancing contests. But Derek brings waves of New Zealand, and Sara made me travel around the world, from the very west of Noord Brabant to the east: Gilze Rijen, Uden, Lieshout, Budel, Beek en Donk, Tilburg, Roosendaal.

But much more images are there. Gilles is in Egypt. Bernhard is in Brasil. Marcel was in Greece, Stephane is forever on Coney Island, Jeff is in Kreuzberg, New Mexico. Don't we love poetry?

Awake! For Morning in the Bowl of Night
Has flung the Stone that puts the Stars to Flight;
And Lo! The Hunter of the East has caught
The Sultan's Turret in a Noose of Light.

I am sure it sounds better with the original recording.

I had to go away yesterday, before every one had played. I am somewhere else. It was even difficult to talk about a next edition of the festival.

Rob who saw my last concert in Festsaal said it was very loud. He said, there is loud. And there is very loud. And you were v_e_r_y loud.

Yes. Like Beethoven. We were born on the same day, you must know.
I will continue to be loud for some time, I think.

And you may lay on one ear, and listen to all the footsteps of the earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home